XXX -> C

rdw2030 at venus.tamu.edu rdw2030 at venus.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 28 15:16:51 AEST 1990

C is really taking over!  Everyone needs converters now!  :-)  In many cases,
I'm afraid, it's probably easier and FAR MORE EFFICIENT to just write the
program from scratch in C.  As someone noted before, the code a converter
produces is far from what a good programmer would produce.  What's more, you
end up with a LOT of uncommented code!  AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!  Not only that, but
if the program is relatively complex in its original language, it probably
won't run perfectly after conversion, meaning some poor soul gets to go in and
try to MAKE it work!!  That's where the no-comments problem comes into play!

I've never used a converter before, but I've heard about what they do.  What
kind of performance (or lack thereof) have the readers of this group seen?

Mark C. Lowe - KB5III