!?!? FOO???

wd wd at samsa.pcs.com
Thu Jun 28 16:33:51 AEST 1990

rtidd at mwunix.mitre.org (Randall Tidd) writes:

->In article <54483 at lanl.gov> rdw2030 at venus.tamu.edu writes:
->>
->>For SO LONG I have wondered what the heck FOO stands for!  I once knew, but
->>now I don't.  And it's bothered me every time I've seen it since!
->>
->>HELP!!
->>
->>Mark C. Lowe - KB5III

->My guess is that it's from the game Adventure (distributed with many
->unix systems). There's an evil Giant in there, and he's heard to say:

Have a look at the JARGON FILE! It will explain about FOO, BAR and a
lot of other hacker terms!

It has been posted to comp.misc by eric at snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond)
about 2 weeks ago.