Using RCS and make

Martin v.d. Boogaard nboogaar at ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl
Tue Jun 5 17:11:47 AEST 1990

In <137 at evtprp0b.UUCP> mrt7455 at evtprp0b (Michael R Tucker) writes:

> I would like to see an example makefile using RCS.

(Not really a question for comp.lang.c., but...)

Try GNU Make. If any file foo.x doesn't exist, GNU Make will check whether
it can find a file foo.x,v or ./RCS/foo.x,v. If one of these exists it will be
checked out before Make proceeds with the next step towards the target.
There is no need to specify anything extra in your Makefile. It only takes one
weekend to read the GNU Make manual.

Martin J. van den Boogaard         | Dept. of Atomic & Interface Physics
                                   | Debye Institute--Utrecht University
P.O. Box 80.000                    |
NL-3508 TA  Utrecht                | decnet:   ruunsc::boogaard
the Netherlands                    | bitnet:   boogaard at hutruu51
+31 30 532904                      | internet: nboogaar at fys.ruu.nl