Inappropiate "BUGS" Sections

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Mar 11 11:46:56 AEST 1990

In article <7962 at tank.uchicago.edu> goer at sophist.UUCP (Richard Goerwitz) writes:
>... SCO Xenix (and I'll bet SCO Unix as well) doesn't have a "bugs"
>section in its manuals.  They call it "comments" or the like...
>It does seem a bit childish to, in effect, censor the word "bugs" from
>manual pages...

This is common.  The reason is the US's demented liability laws, which
make sane companies reluctant to do anything which might possibly be
misconstrued as hinting at knowledge of defects in products.
--
MSDOS, abbrev:  Maybe SomeDay |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
an Operating System.          | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu