Currency Quotes

William Thomas Wolfe, 2847 billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu
Sun Mar 4 12:04:21 AEST 1990

> From goudreau at larrybud.rtp.dg.com (Bob Goudreau):
>> your original complaint about
>> units(1), which must have embarassed you horribly when you found out
>> about floating (gasp!) currency exchange rates.
>
>    [I replied:]  Right.  My self-managed IRA had a total return of
>    44.43% last year; how embarassing.  Maybe I should stop watching
>    the Nightly Business Report so often, huh?

   Oh, by the way, Bob, you'll be pleased to know that Reuters (which
   supplies the Nightly Business Report with its market data, including
   currency quotes) is delivering that market data using Ada software...
   the introduction of Ada technology into Reuters was described at the
   ACM SIGAda Tri-Ada '88 conference.  Sorry you missed it!!!

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe at hubcap.clemson.edu