Ted Holden's disinformation

Lyle Seaman lws at comm.WANG.COM
Thu Mar 22 09:27:02 AEST 1990

billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu (William Thomas Wolfe, 2847 ) writes:
>   counterpart.  This is despite the fact that STANFINS-R had to take
>   raw COBOL programmers and train them to be Ada Software Engineers,

This is interesting.  Would I be stepping into another endless and
static debate if I wondered why the noun here changed from "programmers"
(with a lower case 'p') to "Software Engineers" with uppercase letters?

In my experience, the terms programmer and software engineer conjure up
two entirely different worlds of practice.  I can't imagine training
a programmer to be a software engineer (much less a Software Engineer)
in anything like the amount of time spent of STANFINS-R.

I think this is a shameful attempt to further one's argument by using
subtly loaded language distinct from the issue directly at hand.

Lyle                      Wang             lws at comm.wang.com
508 967 2322         Lowell, MA, USA       uunet!comm.wang.com!lws