Ted Holden's disinformation

Wayne Wood woody at eos.UUCP
Tue Mar 13 01:58:06 AEST 1990

In article <8308 at hubcap.clemson.edu> billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu writes:

>   That's interesting, Ted... according to the Proceedings of the
>   Eighth Annual National Conference on Ada Technology (p. 140),

self congratualatory bullshit...

>   STANFINS-R was completed on time and within budget, and it was
>   observed that the Ada code ran significantly faster than its COBOL
>   counterpart.  This is despite the fact that STANFINS-R had to take

COBOL is glacial... almost everything [exfept possibly LISP] runs faster
than COBOL.  how does it stack up against C?

>   raw COBOL programmers and train them to be Ada Software Engineers,

[Q] whats the difference between a programmer an a SW engineer?

[A] a programmer codes but can't document [very well]...
    a SW engineer documents, but can't code [at all]

>   Not only was the Army's Information Systems Software Development Center
>   tremendously pleased with the results, the Air Force has just announced
>   its decision to use STANFINS-R as its financial software system as well.

i'm impressed,  the army spent millions on the York.  they are happy
with the M-16... the Air Farce spend millions on toilet seats & minor tools...
i wonder how much STANFINS-R will cost us?

>   Any other flat-out lies you'd like to spread?
>   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe at hubcap.clemson.edu

eat me.

*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody at eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/