Currency Quotes

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Tue Mar 6 01:00:50 AEST 1990

In article <8229 at hubcap.clemson.edu> billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>   No, it was an example of the C community's cavalier attitude
>   toward software reliability.  The comment "Don't base your
>   financial plans on the output", or words to that effect, were
>   a) inappropriate, since the static nature of the rates is part
>   of the specification and should not be listed in the defects
>   section, and b) irresponsible, since it indicates a flippant
>   approach to the reliability of the output.

This is pretty silly.

Do Ada fans ever strike you-all as just a teeny bit defensive? :-)

If the original poster wants a serious discussion, then some heavy duty
definition of terms (starting with what's a "C community") is in order.
But something tells me that's not quite what's going on here... maybe we
should all just smile and say, "Very good Bill!" and move on to the
next thing.
--
"Nature loves a vacuum.  Digital    \O@/    Tom Neff
  doesn't." -- DEC sales letter     /@O\    tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET