Currency Quotes

Doug Schmidt schmidt at zola.ics.uci.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:15:12 AEST 1990

In article <8229 at hubcap.clemson.edu>, billwolf%hazel (William Thomas Wolfe, 2847 ) writes:
>   b) irresponsible, since it indicates a flippant
>   approach to the reliability of the output.

Lord knows we don't want flippant manual pages.  What we need are more
software engineering cacademoids[1].  That'll solve the software
crisis right quick... 1/2 ;-)

  Doug
[1] cacademoid n. [fr. L caca (feces) + academe + -oid, fr. Gk eidos
(form or shape)]: The lowest creature in higher education; typically,
a sexually repressed, humorless, and self-impressed professor or
administrator afraid of the real world, incapable of teaching and
producing useful research, and hostile to new ideas; found in every
kind of academic institution, cacademoids love to serve on committees,
despise students, and venerate their inferior superiors.  "Professor
Freddy Cavity claims there are no dialect terms for genitals in
American English.  What a cacademoid!"

-- Reinhold Aman, in "What's the Word For ...?", Harper's, Feb. 1990
facilis descensus avernus