Currency Quotes

Chris Lang chrisl at caen.engin.umich.edu
Tue Mar 6 11:16:00 AEST 1990

In article <8229 at hubcap.clemson.edu> billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu at hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>   No, it was an example of the C community's cavalier attitude
>   toward software reliability.  The comment "Don't base your
>   financial plans on the output", or words to that effect, were
>   a) inappropriate, since the static nature of the rates is part
>   of the specification and should not be listed in the defects
>   section, and b) irresponsible, since it indicates a flippant
>   approach to the reliability of the output.

Why don't we ALL chip in and buy Bill a nice thesaurus, so he can come up
with synonyms for "cavalier", "flippant", "irresponsible", and "inappropriate"?
Each of these words, all very subjective opinions, has permeated most of his
postings so far...and seem to form the backbone of his argument.  Maybe we
could also pay for him to take a course in discussion which relies on facts and
logical debate rather than repetitive babble, as well.

(Let's see...how many synonyms for "bore" can we find...)

 -Chris
-----
Chris Lang    University of Michigan, College of Engineering
home: 4622 Bursley             work: National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
      Ann Arbor, MI  48109           900 Victors Way, Suite 226
      (313) 763-1832                 Ann Arbor, MI  48108
chrisl at caen.engin.umich.edu          (313) 995-0300
"I hate quotations.  Tell me what you know."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson