Source for "integer to ascii" and multiple file search-n-replace

Michael Salmon epames at eos.ericsson.se
Tue Nov 20 18:12:03 AEST 1990

In article <318 at cti1.UUCP> mpledger at cti1.UUCP (Mark Pledger) writes:
>Also, does anyone know of a program that can do multiple file search and
>replace (word or string specified on the command line).  For example if
>you have a function called "dispaly_record()" and you want to change its
>name to "print_record()", then calling this program would replace all
>occurances of "display_record()" with "print_record()".

There are 2. Firstly of course there is sed and secondly there is gres.
I can't help you with source for either unfortunately. There are some
commercial sed's available (for I presume a PC as you talk of MS) and
Minix contains gres (I'm pretty sure). Perhaps somewhere like Austin
Code Works can help you.

Michael Salmon
L.M.Ericsson
Stockholm