YACC for the PC

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Wed Nov 14 18:31:14 AEST 1990

yedinak at motcid.UUCP (Mark A. Yedinak) writes:
>	I am currently developing some test tools and would like to know if yacc
>    and lex are available for AT style PC's.

Alan Holub's book "Compiler Design in C", Prentice-Hall, ISBN 0-13-155151-5
includes descriptions of Lex and Yacc lookalikes.  To quote from the book,
"All of the source code in this book--along with executable versions of LeX,
LLama, and occs--is available on disk from:
	Software Engineering Consultants
	P.O.Box 5679
	Berkeley, CA 94705
	+1 (415) 540-7954
The software is available right now for the IBM-PC and UNIX.  ... The cost
is US$60 by a check or money order drawn on a US bank.  ... The UNIX USENET
network is the official channel for bug fixes and general discussion of the
material in this book.  The comp.compilers newsgroup should be used for this
purpose."

My only connection with all of this is that I bought a copy of the book.

--
The problem about real life is that moving one's knight to QB3
may always be replied to with a lob across the net.  --Alasdair Macintyre.