YACC for the PC

Daniel Mocsny dmocsny at minerva.che.uc.edu
Thu Nov 8 01:30:05 AEST 1990

In article <4423 at catfish11.UUCP> yedinak at motcid.UUCP (Mark A. Yedinak) writes:
>Hello,
>	I am currently developing some test tools and would like to know if yacc
>    and lex are available for AT style PC's.

The find the answers to questions like these, check the software
catalogs from vendors who market to programmers, like "Programmer's
Connection". These vendors advertise where you would expect them
to, in rags like: (_Computer Language_, _Dr. Dobb's Journal_) that
most PC software developers read.

For example, Programmer's Connection Spring 1990 catalog lists
"MKS LEX and YACC" by MKS (Mortice Kern Systems) for $198 ($249 list)
on page 106. So go grab yourself a recent copy of _CL_ or _Dr.D_ and
start punching those 800 numbers.

If you want to take your chances with unsupported software, you can
anonymously ftp to wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) and check the
collection there. A quick grep of the file listing for the string
"yacc" shows some possibilities:

mirrors/msdos/txtutl/lex_yacc.arc
mirrors/unix-c/languages/berk-yacc.tar-z

Oh, and please: when you cross-post to local newsgroups, please
insert a Followup-To: line in your header redirecting followups
to the right place. Most people who read comp.lang.c can't followup
to your local newsgroups.

--
Dan Mocsny				Snail:
Internet: dmocsny at minerva.che.uc.edu	Dept. of Chemical Engng. M.L. 171