Source for "integer to ascii" and multiple file search-n-replace

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Thu Nov 29 05:37:36 AEST 1990

Another thing to consider: if sprintf() is too slow you're probably doing
too many conversions. I've run into this in the past in a couple of places
(my browser utility on the Amiga, where I'm displaying file dates as the
user scrolls the window up and down, for example) and the solution is NOT
to hand-code some gibberish but to do something like cache the text and
only re-convert it when the value changes.

(yep, the old "use a better algorithm" solution)
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.   'U`
peter at ferranti.com