Source for "integer to ascii" and multiple file search-n-replace

Richard Harter rh at smds.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 20:47:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov27.224111.24038 at cbnewsm.att.com>, lfd at cbnewsm.att.com (leland.f.derbenwick) writes:
> In article <1990Nov26.192218.29782 at athena.mit.edu>, scs at adam.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
> > In article <324 at cti1.UUCP> mpledger at cti1.UUCP (Mark Pledger) writes:
> > >Maybe nobody is reading my question, but everyone keeps mailing me answers
> > >using sprintf() which is actually what I don't want.

> > Sprintf simply is the recommended function, and it is "fast
> > enough" in the vast majority of applications...

	... very reasonable remarks about "handrolling your own"
	deleted.

Everyone seems to be overlooking that there is a perfectly good reason
why one might want to avoid sprintf -- if the program does not use the
printf family the relevant library routines are not loaded and the
executables are much smaller.  Sometimes this is a consideration.
--
Richard Harter, Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
Net address: jjmhome!smds!rh Phone: 508-369-7398