Terminal Type/Productivity correlation (re:was hardcopy/productivity)

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Nov 30 09:38:25 AEST 1990

In article <12332 at fsg.UUCP> onward at fsg.UUCP (Onward Lam) writes:
>About paper I prefer the availability of real lineprinters
>(66x132 fanfold 11"x14.5" type).  Some of you out there probably
>thinks every installation has one, which is no longer true with
>the proliferation of Laserjets...

Hey, LaserJets are far superior to dealing with acres of paper with an
occasional black mark here and there.  I put 310 lines of output (in a
two-column format, with a small font) per 8.5x11 page with an LJ.  I can
spread out a 1000-line program on my desk, with all of it visible.  Try
doing that with those old 11x14 bedsheets.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry