Forward declaration (was Re: Novice question.)

Paul D. Smith pds at lemming.webo.dg.com
Tue Nov 20 01:56:53 AEST 1990

[] I'm not sure what compiler/environment you're using, but you will
[] often find that a function used in main() is assumed to return type
[] int unless the compiler has reason to believe otherwise.

In fact, *every* C compiler ever written according to any C dialect
from K&R I on will think any function used anywhere returns type `int'
_unless_ the compiler has reason to believe (you tell it) otherwise.
(If it doesn't it's seriously broken ...)
--

                                                                paul
-----