C to occam translator

Rob Kurver rob at dutncp8.tudelft.nl
Tue Sep 25 19:36:00 AEST 1990

In <robert.654145325 at zeus> robert%zeus at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au (Roberto Togneri) writes:

>One reason we are
>using occam is that it has the ALT operation which parallel C doesn't (appear)
>to have. Any help appreciated.

If this is the main reason for using Occam, you may want to reconsider:
There do exist C compilers for transputers that offer the same parallel
constructs as Occam (par, alt, channel datatype) - my company offers one.

I don't want to plug a commercial product here, so contact me by email
(rob at pact.nl) if you're interested.

Cheers. - Rob

Rob Kurver                          rob at dutncp8.tudelft.nl
Computational Physics Group         rob at pact.nl
Faculty of Applied Physics, Delft University of Technology
The moon may be smaller than Earth, but it's further away.