C to occam translator

Roberto Togneri robert%zeus at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au
Mon Sep 24 13:02:05 AEST 1990

Hi,
	We are currenlt starting to use the Transputer Development System
and feel that occam has more to offer than parallel C. However this means
that we will have to rewrite our algorithms from C to occam. This is ok for
the transputer/parallel specific stuff but given the
existence of fortran to C and pascal to C translator does anybody know of
a C to occam or even a Pascal to occam translator?
	In fact I've seen very little on occam (there is no comp.lang.occam).
What is the prevailing attitude to transputers and occam? One reason we are
using occam is that it has the ALT operation which parallel C doesn't (appear)
to have. Any help appreciated.
--
Dr. Roberto Togneri
Dept. of EE Engineering                 EMAIL: robert at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au