The Sins of K&R

Dave Straker daves at hpopd.HP.COM
Thu Sep 27 19:33:31 AEST 1990

> As one of my old C Profs stated:  "If you don't like the way "C" is..
> find yourself a new language.... don't take MY "C" away from me..."
>
> If I wanted to do something ... I should be able to do it.  If I made a stupid
> mistake, then that is my fault.  "C" gives one the power to do what s/he wants
> not what another program (Compiler) regulates...
>
> Robb Shearer
> shearer at sol.cis.udel.edu

$flame on!

Are you a student? Has you Prof ever programmed professionally?
One day, you may have to maintain code written by people who
do it 'their way'. Then words like standards, simplicity, clarity
and portability will become more important.

You write code to be read and maintained, not just to be executed!

$flame off

Dave Straker            Pinewood Information Systems Division (PWD not PISD)
[8-{)                   HPDESK: David Straker/HP1600/01
                        Unix:   daves at hpopd.hp.com