Interfacing yacc/lex with C++

Richard Murphey rich at Rice.edu
Thu Sep 20 11:23:52 AEST 1990

In article <1635 at software.software.org> burkhard at software.org (Neil Burkhard) writes:
   I'm trying to use yacc/lex in a program I'm developing in C++
   using Apollo's C++ system. Can anybody shed some light on
   how I can have the yacc action routines invoke C++ routines? Not
   obvious how I can have the compiler figure out the proper names since
   C++ mangles them. Note: everything is in C++ (including 'main')
   except yacc/lex stuff.

I have the beginnings of an extension language written in g++, bison
and flex (free C++, yacc and lex workalikes).  The sources are on
qed.rice.edu (128.42.4.38) in /pub/interp-1.9.tar.Z and are
distributed under the GPL.  The texinfo sources for the documentation
are included.

The bison (or yacc) output is compiled with g++; all you need is a
define or two to take into account the differences in I/O.

Any comments or suggestions on interp-1.9 are welcome!  Rich