Num Recipes in C (Index converter or Diffs)

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Sat Apr 6 15:19:23 AEST 1991

In article <14227 at helios.TAMU.EDU> jdm5548 at tamsun.tamu.edu (James Darrell McCauley) writes:
>Numerical Recipes in C is a great book (praise, praise, praise),
>but, if any of you have ever tried to use their code, I'll bet
>you can guess what really ticks me off about it.... It seems
>that FORTRAN programmers wrote the C code ...

No secret about it:  it's a fairly mechanical translation of the original
Numerical Recipes book, which did everything in FORTRAN.  I decided to get
the original, so I could see the code without "benefit" of translation.
--
"The stories one hears about putting up | Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
SunOS 4.1.1 are all true."  -D. Harrison|  henry at zoo.toronto.edu  utzoo!henry