Lisp Eval in C or C++

Chris Torek torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov
Fri Apr 5 08:37:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr4.182329.5513 at searchtech.com> belinda at searchtech.com
(Belinda Hoshstrasser) writes:
>We are involved in redoing a large expert system in C++.  It was
>originally written in Lisp. ... Has anyone out there ever implemented
>eval in C or C++?

What this all boils down to is:

	We have a program in Lisp.  We want to reimplement it in
	C++ syntax with Lisp semantics.

If you want Lisp semantics, you might as well use Lisp syntax: you
already have the original anyway.  There exist good Lisp compilers
for many Lisp dialects, so the argument for converting the program
should not hinge on compiled-vs-interpreted.
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Lawrence Berkeley Lab CSE/EE (+1 415 486 5427)
Berkeley, CA		Domain:	torek at ee.lbl.gov