C common practice.

Silver gaynor at yoko.rutgers.edu
Sun Apr 28 13:14:21 AEST 1991

> Putting each C procedure into a separate file _is_ common practice.  It is
> promoted as "good" style by C gurus.  Skilled C programmers recommend it -
> they don't avoid it or condemn it.

Can't stand this practice myself and I'd consider myself a skilled C
programmer.  Makes editing and searching the source too damned cumbersome.
Instead, I recommend that you use a logical grouping (I usually do this on the
data type and main levels), whatever seems logical to you, and only further
break the source down into seperate files for compilation speedups.  And
annotate such deviations from your grouping conventions in the `currupted'
file.

My $/50, [Ag] gaynor at paul.rutgers.edu