C common practice.

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Mon Apr 29 12:31:45 AEST 1991

In article <22636 at lanl.gov> jlg at cochiti.lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>For example, all the UNIX utilities on Cray UNICOS are maintained
>as huge numbers of separate source files.

This sounded completely wrong, so I checked on our X/MP UNICOS system
and found that it is set up the same as other UNIX implementations,
namely /usr/src/cmd contains a SINGLE source file per utility or else
a directory for a utility that consists of several source files.  Most
utilities have all their code in a single file, and none of the ones
that have several source files use one file per function.