A good & SIMPLE "C" textbook for beginners??!!

Ken Wade kwade at hp-vcd.HP.COM
Fri Feb 1 08:54:21 AEST 1991

/ hp-vcd:comp.lang.c / audit038 at spacm1.spac.spc.com /  9:05 am  Jan 29, 1991 /
In article <1958 at winnie.fit.edu>, ecs91510 at zach.fit.edu ( ALIM) writes:
> Hello all you C whizes out there!! ... I am looking for a
> simple C (not turbo C) book that is meant for a beginner!! I would be greatful
> if someone recommends me a good book. Thanks!!!

A C whiz I aint; that's why I like _C_Primer_Plus_ by Mitchell Waite, Stephen
Prata and Donald Martin published by Howard W. Sams & Company.

This is a common book used in beginning C classes.

Hope this helps.

John Coffman

I think that either "Programming in C" by Stephen G. Kochan or "A Book On C"
by Al Kelley and Ira Pohl are appropriate.  They are both used in introductory
courses in C.  The Kochan book is notable in that presents a small complete
program to illustrate each new feature or concept.  It teaches by example.

Ken Wade
HP-Vancouver