A good & SIMPLE "C" textbook for beginners??!!

Mike Gallagher mikeg at wrs.com
Sat Feb 2 02:24:07 AEST 1991

ecs91510 at zach.fit.edu ( ALIM) writes:

>Hello all you C whizes out there!! I just started to learn C. I wrote my
>first program in Cand believe me it was hell. All the program had to do
>was read some numbers from a file, store them in an array and compute their
>average (a typical 9th grade level program). However, none of the books
>that I had told me how to start writing a program. I had to ask people what
>the hell to do. At times I felt like an idiot. Anyway, I am looking for a
>simple C (not turbo C) book that is meant for a beginner!! I would be greatful
>if someone recommends me a good book. Thanks!!!
>                                            Junaid
>                                            E-Mail : ecs91510 at zach.fit.edu

I would recomend "Master C" I can't remember who the author is.  It's a C
reference book and a GREAT tutorial program that took me about 2 weeks of
8 to 5 work to go through.  It really teaches you C with out pain.  They have
you write programs and program segments right off the bat and have lots of help
and notes.  I have never taken a course in C and this helped me get my present
job.  You can get it for about $25 at Price Club or $45 at a regular bookstore.