Direct memory addressing in TURBO C/C++

Dylan Kaufman morgan at chaos.cs.brandeis.edu
Thu Feb 28 11:54:03 AEST 1991

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to do direct memory addressing in
C++.  The addressing I am thinking about in particular is done with
the keyword absolute in TURBO Pascal.  For example, to turn the Num
Lock key off :

var
  Key_Status_Bit : word absolute $0040:$0017;
begin
  Key_Status_Bits := (Key_Status_Bits and $DF);
end.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is what the C equivalent (if any) for
absolute is...

Thanks,

--
-<>Dylan<>-                     MA EMT-M, CA EMT-1A, BEMCo 107
Dylan Kaufman 			Major in Computer Science