Obscure _doprnt and _flsbuf question

the old ssrat seaotter at athena.mit.edu
Thu Feb 14 04:54:13 AEST 1991

I know, I know, users are supposed to use _doprnt() and all, but
given that I am trying to transport some code that DOES, can any
one tell me what _flsbuf() is doing in the code fragment below?

   (taken from doprnt.c, in the uunet bsd-sources archives)

   fp->_cnt = n;
   fp->_ptr = t;
   (void)_flsbuf((u_char)ch,fp);
   n = fp->_cnt;

It LOOKS like a menmonic for "flush buffer" or something similar,
but I'm not certain.  A search through the index of files at uunet
reveals no files with the string "flsbuf" in their names, and a
similar search through the files in /usr/man/cat3 reveals no ref-
erences to flsbuf.

Oh yeah, what I want to do is find a suitable emulation for this
on VMS version 5.2 or so.

Thanks for
your help,
  Mike

PS Happy Valentine's Day!

--
|    Mike Zraly (the old ssrat)    |  "If the King's English was good enough  |
|                                  |   for Jesus, it's good enough for me!"   |