Strings as function names (again)

Wolfram Roesler wolfram at cip-s05.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 27 01:52:43 AEST 1991

gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>> However, if the guru
>> was seriously insulted by my comment I recommend psychotherapy.

>I was not insulted, nor did I flame you in response.

No, you didnt, but somebody else did. He mentioned your name in a way that
seemed really strange to me. He didnt really write "Shut up cause gurus
are listened to but not contradicted" but this was what he problably intented
to say. Remainded me of a Jehova's witness I once talked to, daring to say the
bible is not a history book.
Ok now, this has nothing to do with C anymore. Lets continue this
in alt.politeness or alt.rules.how.to.treat.people.who.are.not.so.smart.as
.you or alt.religion.zen.shoshin.

>If I have any "disciples", I would prefer to instruct them to not pray
>to anybody but rather learn how to acquire evidence and analyze the facts
>to determine what the truth actually is.

Quite right.

BTW: Hi guru, how is the air up there? :-)