Can Novices Jump Directly in C? (Books)

Jesus Eugenio Sanchez py198723 at academ01.mty.itesm.mx
Sun Feb 10 09:23:13 AEST 1991

peregrin at hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:

>	Can anyone recommend an introduction to programming book that uses C?
>I'm not referring to C-For-Pascal-Programmers etc. kind of books.  I'm aware
>that most introduction to programming books use Pascal, Basic, or Scheme as
>their language, but I haven't seen anybooks that start a novice out directly
>with C.

	The problem with the approach you're trying to do is that C is
definitely *not* a language for novice programmers. You have to know all
about functions, data structures, and all that parafernalia. So, perhaps
you have no choice: first learn Pascal, and then C. Not the other way
around.

				Eugenio Sanchez
				py198723 at academ01.mty.itesm.mx