cdecl and pascal keywords

joseph.a.brownlee jbr0 at cbnews.att.com
Tue Jan 8 00:02:50 AEST 1991

In article <2847 at cirrusl.UUCP>, dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com
(Rahul Dhesi) writes:
> Seriously, please don't assume that comp.lang.c readers will be able to
> answer questions about nonstandard extensions of the C programming
> language.  The "pascal" keyword is used by MS-DOS-specific compilers,
> and a better place to ask the question will be one of the MS-DOS
> newsgroups.

Well, it is also commonly used on the Macintosh, where the ROM software is
all written assuming PASCAL calling conventions.  The keyword "pascal" is
generally used in one of two ways:

    .	to prototype a ROM (or other library) routine.

    .	to force one of your own functions to use PASCAL conventions.  This
	is necessary, for example,  when a ROM routine expects a procedure
	pointer and you pass a pointer to your own routine written in C.

--
   -      _   Joe Brownlee, Analysts International Corp. @ AT&T Network Systems
  /_\  @ / `  471 E Broad St, Suite 1610, Columbus, Ohio 43215   (614) 860-7461