K&R vs ANSI-c

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Jan 13 13:26:48 AEST 1991

In article <114 at skyking.UUCP> jc at skyking.UUCP (J.C. Webber III) writes:
>I'm a bit concerned.  My machine's manufacturer is now defunct
>(CounterPoint Computers).  As the world slowly moves to ANSI-c
>what happens to those of us  with older machines that don't
>have the ability or resources to have the new compiler ported to
>our machines?

If you don't replace your system within a very few years,
code importing difficulties will be the least of your worries.
Computer technology has been advancing at such a rate that it
is normally more economical for most businesses to upgrade to
a new system every few years than to continue using an old one
forever.