Pointer Stew (was Re: Explanation, someone??)

Samuel Kamens snk at garage.uucp
Wed Jun 19 08:39:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun18.163802.25891 at athena.mit.edu> scs at adam.mit.edu writes:
>In article <1991Jun15.223427.13656 at agate.berkeley.edu> jwl at sag4.ssl.berkeley.edu (Jim Lewis) writes:
>>Both problems (including the POINTER STEW bug)  came from "The C Puzzle
>>Book" by Alan R. Feuer.   This isn't the first time they've been mentioned
>>on the net by people who ran across them at interviews...
>
>I would never work for such a company.

Actually, I understand that this practice is illegal.  Using anything
but an instrumented test for employment purposes in discrimination,
and is therefore against the law (my source for this is a recent class
I took in interviewing practices at work....).

[ boy is this *not* comp.lang.c-appropriate.  Sorry.....]

Sam Kamens					Bell Communications Research
snk at bae.bellcore.com				Phone: (908) 699-7381
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-205
Piscataway, NJ 08854