LL(1) C grammar

Dr. Jon Mauney mauney at eos.ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 18 23:58:26 AEST 1991

I have an LL(1) grammar for C.  It is in the format accepted by my parser
generator (as described in Fischer and LeBlanc "Crafting a Compiler" It
should be easy to convert to any other format.

I don't use this grammar much, so I can't claim it's perfect.  It does
have one place where I deliberately punted: the grammar will accept any
expression as a statement label.  The problem is a common-prefix between
labels and expressions, and I was not willing to factor it up through 13
levels of operator precedence.  If you collapse the expression grammar to
1 level of precedence, it should be easy to factor labels.

I'd be happy to mail it to you.  Just send me a reply so I know I've got
your address correct.
--
Jon Mauney,  parsing partisan
Computer Science Dept.