Machine readable form of K+R.

Eric Rescorla rescorla at rtnmr.chem.yale.edu
Wed Jun 5 06:30:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun4.162608.487 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <1991Jun4.155924.13499 at cs.yale.edu> rescorla at rtnmr.chem.yale.edu (Eric Rescorla) writes:
>>Does anyone out there have a machine readable form of K+R's C book?
>>Could I FTP it?
>
>K&R presumably do... but it's *not* likely to be available for FTP any
>time soon, because of this little matter known as "copyright".  Anyone
>trying to make it available for FTP is likely to get a visit from
>Prentice-Hall's lawyers.
>--
Well, if I remember, the book says "available in machine readable form"
What exactly does this mean if it is not available in machine readable
form. I.e. if K+R have not made it available for FTP, how IS it available
if not in paper?
-Ekr

Eric Rescorla                                      rescorla at rtnmr.chem.yale.edu
Yale University Department of Chemistry             rescorla at psun.chem.yale.edu
"No his mind is not for rent--to any God or government." Peart/Dubois