THANKS (MSC 4.0 linker wooes)

G Vickers gordon at prls.UUCP
Sun Jun 9 12:24:37 AEST 1991

       I hate to write a generic thank-you but a number of people responded.
       As many guessed, my PATH was causing \dos\linker to be invoked.
       I did not know DOS came with a linker, and would never have guessed.
    What's it there for anyway ?
       Many  wanted to know why I have V4.0 .  I've been useing C for eight
    years (on VAX's) and have just bought a 386 for home.  When one of our
    departments decided to toss out it's V4.0, I volunteered to do it for
    them :-)   For being such a nice guy, they even tossed in the manuals.

  Thanks for everyones help.  It was/is very much appreciated.  I find
  computers are pretty frustrating when I can not program them.

Gordon Vickers 408/991-5399     {mips | pyramid | philabs}!prls!gordon
Signetics in Sunnyvale,Ca (USA)
The Earth is a complex array of symbiotic relationships: Every extinction,
  whether animal, mineral, vegetable, or cultural hastens our own demise.