What PC to buy for programming under windows w/Turbo C

Mark W. Schumann catfood at NCoast.ORG
Mon Jun 17 10:50:15 AEST 1991

phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) writes:
>Editors are a matter of taste.  I plan to purchase Epsilon because I
>am familiary with the EMACS command set.... unless someone has already
>ported GNUEMACS to 386 pc's, or has a nice flexible one in C.

Try MicroEmacs 3.11.  It's available from LISTSERV at VM1.NODAK.EDU
or by ftp.

>I have a Gateway 2000 386 system on order now (with 4 megs standard).

My Gateway at work is okay, but watch out for the DOS 3.3 they
ship it with.  On mine you cannot delete a file whose name begins
with X.  Coincidentally, the XCOPY command always errors out by
saying that a file named 'X' is not found.  Go figure.

Mark W. Schumann  3111 Mapledale Avenue, Cleveland 44109 USA
Domain: catfood at ncoast.org
UUCP:   ...!mailrus!usenet.ins.cwru.edu!ncoast!catfood