Machine readable form of K+R.

Anthony "Tkil" Foiani afoiani at nmsu.edu
Wed Jun 12 02:41:35 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun11.120938.8196 at eagle.lerc.nasa.gov>,
smbrush at lims01.lerc.nasa.gov (ANDREW BRUSH) writes:
   A machine can READ the *program examples* in K&R, since they are typeset
   in an evenly-spaced courier-like font.  This seems like a logical way
   of checking the examples.

If so, you have a much better OCR setup than I've ever seen.  I
suspect that the actual explaination is that they took the code
directly from the troff input for the book, and tested that.

As for machine-readable, I don't see anything wrong with me typing in
all the examples in the book - that's what they're for [fair use, I
hope.  Otherwise I've been breaking copyright law for a few years
now].  Letting others copy that, however, is not a good idea.

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Foiani  a.k.a. Tkil  (afoiani at nmsu.edu) or (mcsajf at nmsuvm1.bitnet)
Supporting:  Unix / DOS / VMS / Macintosh / "What's this?"