One more point regarding = and == (more flamage)

Karl Keyte KKEYTE at ESOC.BITNET
Fri Mar 29 00:55:46 AEST 1991

I think we're back to the pretty coding argument.  Yes,

 while (*s++ = *t++)
    ;

is legal.  So is

 if (s = t) {
 }                /* Though many compilers will warn this one */

Also,

is quite legal when one wants to declare a function 'myfunc' as one returning
a pointer to function returning a pointer to an array of 5 pointers to a
pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a function returning a pointer to a
function returning a pointer to a function returning float

It's all about personal taste and a lot of sense.

Karl