Author of a C book

James Deibele jamesd at techbook.com
Thu Mar 7 05:24:04 AEST 1991

In article <MITCH.91Mar5134925 at hq.af.mil> mitch at hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) writes:

>Anyway, his name is Jack Purdum, and I have yet to find a book written by
>him in any of our local book stores.  I really liked his presentation style
>in the article and am hoping his books follow this trend of explaining C
>programming from the view of the compiler.

Maybe you should move ... :-)  We have "C Programming Guide" which is in its
third edition.  Chapters are Introduction to C; C Data Types; Operators and
Selection Statements; Loops; Function Prototypes; Storage Classes and Scope;
Introduction to Pointers; Using Pointers Effectively; Structures, Unions, and
Other Data Types; Disk File Operations; and the C Preprocessor.  It's published
by Que, lists for $24.95, has an ISBN of 0-88022-356-1 and the copyright date
is 1988.

Another book is "C Programmer's Toolkit" which includes a disk for Turbo C
or Quick C.  Chapters are Screen Functions; String Processing; Input Functions;
Menuing Systems; Searching, Sorting, and Parsing; Time and Dates; Disk and
Directory Control Functions; Working with Numbers; and Odds and Ends.  Also
published by Que, lists for $39.95, its ISBN is 0-88022-457-6 and the copyright
date is 1989.

Since they're published by Que, your local bookseller should be able to obtain
them for you in a reasonable amount of time.  Of course, we wouldn't turn your
business away either ... :-)

--
Public Access UNIX at +1 503 644-8135 (1200/2400) Voice: +1 503 646-8257
TECHbooks offers many technical books at discounted prices.  E-mail to