Author of a C book

Mark Brown mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com
Wed Mar 6 08:34:14 AEST 1991

mitch at hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) writes:
|After reading an article entitled "Common C errors" in the Nov. 1990 issue of
|UNIX World magazine, I've been trying to find books on C written by the
|same author.  The credit at the end states that he is ``a noted author of
|numerous popular C books, a frequent lecturer, and also president of
|Ecosoft''.
|
|Anyway, his name is Jack Purdum, and I have yet to find a book written by

Purdum's books [C PROGRAMMING GUIDE, C LIBRARY, and some others] are mostly
to be found under the publisher QUE BOOKS.

Purdum's a good choice for beginners, I especially remember his easy-to-
understand chapter on arrays, pointers, and "char".

--
Mark Brown    IBM PSP Austin, TX.     (512) 823-3741   VNET: MBROWN at AUSVMQ
MAIL: mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com OR uunet!testsys.austin.ibm.com!mbrown