Algorithms, libraries, and comp.lang.c

Scott Amspoker scott at bbxsda.UUCP
Sat Mar 2 02:14:14 AEST 1991

In article <27218 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb at reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
>>Could we please keep such queries OUT of this group?
>
>READ MY POSTING.  I asked where I should post for an algorithm!  I KNOW
>that posting to comp.lang.c is not the best, but it IS THE CLOSEST I
>CAN FIND AND UNTIL I FIND BETTER WHAT ELSE DO I DO?  I was not asking
>for an algorithm, just a query as to where other C programmers on the
>net post their general algorithm questions.

Q: How many comp.lang.c readers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: none - the light bulb doesn't belong here

Sorry folks.  The recurring whining about inappropriate postings inspired
that - but it makes a point.  I've seen people suggest news groups that
DON'T EVEN EXIST.  It's one thing to suggest a newsgroup that is more
likely to be helpful for that type of question.  It's another thing to
say "I don't care where you take it - just get it out of here"

I'm starting to find the don't-post-that-here crap a lot more offensive
than the occasional misdirected post.  Certainly, it takes much longer to
compose a don't-post-here response than it does to hit the 'n' key.  I
hope most of the readers here aren't as penny-wise-but-pound-foolish
in their actual C programming.

--
Scott Amspoker                       | Touch the peripheral convex of every
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM | kind, then various kinds of blaming