Question for net.views column in UNIX Today!

Dominic Dunlop domo at tsa.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 08:20:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar01.185418.1066 at utoday.com> netviews at utoday.com
(Mitch Irsfeld) writes:
> 	By sending an e-mail reply to the above question, you are
> granting UNIX Today! permission to consider your comments for
> publication. A summary of *all* e-mail responses to this post will be
> posted in this newsgroup two weeks from today.

Those who reply by mail should be warned that responses are apparently
echoed straight back onto the the net.  While this is a neat-ish trick,
it completely negates the whole point of replying by mail -- namely
that one does not consider one's message worthy of/suitable for
immediate broadcast.  Those who want to post in reply are at liberty to
do so; those who do not want to do so should not have it done for
them.  I would counsel UNIX Today to do as it says it will, and
SUMMARIZE email responses after they have been accumulated.
--
Dominic Dunlop