Question for net.views column in UNIX Today!

Dominic Dunlop tsa.co.uk!domo at uunet.UU.NET
Sat Mar 9 20:35:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar01.185418.1066 at utoday.com> you write:
> Will user organizations ever be effective in steering open systems?

Well, writing as the representative of two user organizations to ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22/WG15 (POSIX), I should say that I'll never get to read the
answer in UNIX Today!, as the controlled circulation application form
that I filled out in the middle of last year elicited no response
whatever.  Clearly, your circulation department thinks that the answer
to your question is, in my case, ``NO.''  I'm not in a position of
sufficient influence even to merit receiving your paper.  (Maybe I did
the wrong thing by actually PAYING for air delivery of CSN until UNIX!
Today er... inherited its worthwhile parts.)

I look forward to reading the results of your survey when posted.  (You
should, by the way, also have posted the question to comp.org.usenix.)

Herewith, my spleen having been vented, my contact details:

Dominic Dunlop
USENIX/EurOpen observer at WG15
The Standard Answer Ltd.
9 The Forty