better papers (First impressions)

Brent Chapman brent at capmkt.COM
Mon Jul 17 08:38:21 AEST 1989

eugene at eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) writes:

>Erik Fair and I were talking about this the other day.
>The better papers now go to the Workshops.

>He thought one great conference could be made by selecting the best
>papers from each of the workshops and repeating them.  Just so long
>as the Workshops themselves can stay small.

Sounds like a _very_ good idea to me...

If the author is willing, is there any reason _not_ to present a paper
at the main conference just because it has already been presented at a
workshop?

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman					Capital Market Technology, Inc.
Computer Operations Manager			1995 University Ave., Suite 390