better papers (First impressions)

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Fri Jul 21 06:11:27 AEST 1989

In <33329 at apple.Apple.COM> fair at Apple.COM (Erik E. Fair) writes:
=To be fair, I heard the idea from Steve Bellovin, who presumably
=attended the open board meeting, and heard Peter's suggestion. I've
=just been spreading it around a little, by word of mouth...
And Brian Kantor was mouthing something like it at the San Diego
Usenix six months earlier.  Or perhaps he was just repeating Harris's
lament.  (Go read your comp.mail.maps README file :-)

(For those just coming in:  "the idea" is to have the best workshop
papers during the year presented at the Winter conference.)

=	"this is a job for netnews!"
Indeed.
	/r$
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.