COMPUTING SYSTEMS

Peter H. Salus peter at usenix.UUCP
Sat Mar 18 06:01:36 AEST 1989

Several individual wrote me after my posting requesting
more information about COMPUTING SYSTEMS.  Here's my
attempt at a description.

COMPUTING SYSTEMS is a refereed quarterly dedicated to the analysis and
understanding of the theory, design, art, engineering, and
implementation of advanced computing systems, with an emphasis on
those inspired or influenced by the UNIX tradition.  The journal's
content concerns operating systems, architecture, networking, programming
languages, and sophisticated applications.

The Editor in Chief is Mike O'Dell of Prisma in Colorado Springs.  If
you want to see a copy or so, Gene Spafford should have a set (he is
on the Editorial Advisory Board).

The current print run is about 6500, with 3500 going to USENIX
members, a couple of hundred each to EUUG and AUUG members, etc.
I think there are currently about 300-350 library/corporate
subscriptions.

Peter