COMPUTING SYSTEMS

Peter Salus peter at world.std.com
Tue Jun 5 01:08:09 AEST 1990

As many of you will have noticed, despite Mike O'Dell's
words in CS 2.4, you've not received anything yet this
year.

The reasons for this are many, but the principal one
is that I had no experience in getting permissions on
music copyrights, and so I didn't realize just what we
were getting into.  (It ended up taking 4 months to get
the permissions on the three items where they were
necessary.)

To make a long story short, issues 3.1 *and* 3.2 are
now complete.  My guess is that 3.1 -- which is not
the music issue -- will be in your mailboxes for July
reading; 3.2 -- which is the music issue -- will be
in your mailboxes for August reading; and (surprize!)
3.3 will be out in late September or the first week
of October.

My apologies to all of you,

Peter H. Salus
Managing Editor
--

The difference between practice and theory in practice is always
greater than the difference between practice and theory in theory.