Why not pick *nice* places for the Usenix conventions?

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Wed Jun 26 00:17:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun24.191705.23847 at convex.com> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
> Three friends and I walked into Rhett's one night looking
> for an alternative to Rachel's, and the maitre d' asked, "May I help you
> with something?"  Come on, we didn't walk into a restaurant just looking
> to use their john!  I heard other reports of this sort of treatment as well.

Were you dressed in the latest BSD fashions?

Ah, you should try going to a Science Fiction convention some time.

Not to condone this sort of behaviour, but mundanes will be mundanes...
--
Peter da Silva; Ferranti International Controls Corporation; +1 713 274 5180;
Sugar Land, TX  77487-5012;         `-_-' "Have you hugged your wolf, today?"